Paint

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Paint
From: "Carl W. French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 11:30:29 -0500
The car goes off the road for the season on Sunday. I have about a week
and a half to get it prepped for the body shop where it is having both
sills replaced along with door skins and and patch panels. This is
obviously going to be a $$$$$$$$$$ job in Lindsay Porter lingo. I am
going to remove all the chrome, the windshield, and most of the interior
including the dash. I am going to strip the wax (I have been given
suggestions on the list but am open for more as to what to use). The
person doing the work only does LBC's, he does exceptional work. He was
not going to remove all the finish as he wanted to leave as much of the
good Engilish primer he could. I would like to increase my sweat equity
as much as possible. I am good with redoing wood finishes but I have no
experiance with taking an abrasive to a car surface. Any good books
people might know about for guidance on surface prep? Any personal tips?

Carl F
67B