Argggg...Stripped Spark Plug (73B)

Subject: Argggg...Stripped Spark Plug (73B)
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 21:42:26 -0800
I was using a Color Tune (just got it from Moss) to set the carbs.  When I
screwed the color tune spark plug in, it stripped the threads on the head.
It must have been out of alignment (obviously) as I started screwing it in
(the color tune plug is small and hard to line up).  And, this is on the new
Aluminum Head I just installed--Arggggg.

Not sure where to go from here.  Thoughts?  Is this something that will
require removing the head and taking it into a machine shop.

Nick (who is very frustrated at the moment)
73B