RE: Argggg...Stripped Spark Plug (73B)

Subject: RE: Argggg...Stripped Spark Plug (73B)
From: "Nick Coleman" <coleman@sd.aonix.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 09:26:52 -0800
Thought about tapping it since that would be quick and easy (maybe -- unless
Murphey's law strikes again).  But, the aluminum is so soft that I'm now
worried about it happening since the spark plugs get changed yearly.  And I
don't want to have to pull the head again.

So, I decided to just do it right.  I called around and the machine shops
charge $25 install each Helicall.  I figure I'll get all the spark plug
holes done at the same time--it will be worth the $100 to not have to worry
about this happening again.

Of course, it appears I'm getting good at pulling heads.  Only took me 1.5
hours this morning vice 8 hours of mucking around the first time.  I guess
we do learn from best from our mistakes.  8^)

Cheers (and thanks everyone for the advice),

Nick
73