Re: Adventures in tipping (A little LBC content added)

To: dresden@tiac.net
Subject: Re: Adventures in tipping (A little LBC content added)
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 18:39:55 -0600 (CST)
You wrote:
 Think of all the
>foolishness we spend money on, and don't short someone who gives good
>service. It matters.
>
>Nevin

And to think, I thought, this topic was dead and buried. As I said in
the beginning, tow truck operators are under paid and need tips in
order to live. This is a good thing because the better ones will
receive these tips and remain in the business providing a service and
the poor service provider will not be able to exist in the business.

You have heard the horror stories, as well as, some knight in shining
armor stories. I often tell people, when I'm asked what I do for a
living, that I'm a professional hero. That's the way I see the service
I render. The few on this list who will not be tipping a tow truck
driver (and sure many other deserving souls) will not affect the
service the true professionals in this business provide. I just look at
it as, if there weren't bad tippers there couldn't be good ones.
Everything is relative. I thank all of you who make the others look
bad, by comparision, as I also thank the narrow minded cheapskates who
allow the others to shine.

The company I'm with has just informed me that I'll be moving into a
more management type role soon. They are opening another location and
the owner's daughter, who does most of the dispatching, billing and
coordinating is pregnant and will be less active in the business with
the new arrival. Perhaps I've been TOO good. I will tell you that I
will except no less than good, clean, curdious service to be provided
by anyone who wishes to work with me as a manager.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch