Re: Adventures in tipping (A little LBC content added)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Adventures in tipping (A little LBC content added)
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 22:39:12 GMT
>My feeling is depending upon tips leads to frustration.  I will always tip
>or over tip
>because I know what it is like.  I feel everyone should have to work to
>tips at least once.
>The world would be a better place because of that.  IMHO.

Tipping is something from the heart. I always tip people for whom tips are
PART of the job, unless the service is BAD. If it's OK, then an OK tip, if
it's good, then a good tip.

I remember driving to Florida in my Sp*tf*re with a Y-pipe exhaust a number
of years ago; I stumbled into a little diner near Fayetteville NC around
midnight with about 16 hours of road-shock (yes, I was foolish, but that
was years ago), barely able to hear, pushed past a row of chairs that to a
semi-intelligent being would have been seen as the BARRIER that it was, and
sat at a table. An equally tired looking young waitress came over and put
her hand on my shoulder and said very gently "honey, this section is
closed." I moved to the open section, and when all was said and done, left
a $50 tip on a $5 check. And never regretted it. Think of all the
foolishness we spend money on, and don't short someone who gives good
service. It matters.

Nevin