RE: Front dampeners

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Front dampeners
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:32:00 -0000
One of my 'reconditioned' dampers on the '71 Midget from Moss lasted about
20 miles before spilling its guts. They replaced it with no questions asked
- still fine 3000 miles later.
I gather with reconditioned shocks it really is pot luck because they by now
will have been rebuilt many times over. Of course you can buy them new for
about 3 to 4 times the price of reconditioned. In the UK the MGOC Spares and
Moss are about the same price wise........which isn't probably much use to
you;-)

Cheers

Chris Nevard
'71 Midget
'78 MGBGT
http://www.users.globanet.co.uk/~spridget
(All moving alot faster - Cheers Barney)