RE: Lucas Sport Coil (was: Early Wiper Arm Removal)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Lucas Sport Coil (was: Early Wiper Arm Removal)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:28:06 -0800
Steve.

        You can use the Lucas Sport Coil.  But it is set up for an
unballasted system.  You will have to bypass the resistive wire that
feeds the original coil.  The B does not use an external ballast
resistor, it has a resistive wire built into the wiring harness.  If you
do not bypass this wire the Sport Coil will only be getting about half
the voltage that it needs.  You will get a spark, but only about as
strong as that of the original coil.

Kelvin.