Re: Lucas Sport Coil (was: Early Wiper Arm Removal)

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: Re: Lucas Sport Coil (was: Early Wiper Arm Removal)
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:58:00 -0800
Word on the street is that Dodd, Kelvin said:
>       Lucas does not (as far as I can tell) offer a high performance
> coil for a ballasted system.

Using the sport coil with the ballasted system would still give you more
sparking voltage than the stock coil, wouldn't it?  Since it has more
internal windings or some such.  Not that I'm advocating NOT bypassing
the resistive wire, I just feel compelled to nitpick ;)

I would have thought a bigger spark would be better for emissions, as it
would burn the air/fuel mixture more thoroughly.  Shows what I know.

Skye

--
1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key