Re: MGB (My G Baby) and while we're on GT's :)

Subject: Re: MGB (My G Baby) and while we're on GT's :)
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:18:21 +1000
Hi all,

>> owners have missed a few years of great highway crusing by not having the
GT
>> available to us from 1975 to 1980.

Well we never officially had the GT down here in Australia. The only
examples we have here (as far as I've heard) are personal imports. When I
brought mine here in '89 from NZ (which incidentally allows you to keep your
cars as LHD - well for my 1970) I didn't see very many at all. I could count
them on one hand. There have certainly been lots more imported in the last
ten years, primarily from the UK I believe. They are not popular here as our
weather is warm and the roadster has far more appeal to most people -
rightly so in this climate. I love my GT but can't drive it in the summer
where we get temperatures over 90 degrees F (and over 100) almost every
other day. The Sun is very severe here thanks to our Ozone depletion, I
didn't even burn in those sort of temps in Texas not long ago, 5 minutes
here is another story - but I digress.

One person I know fitted air to their CGT as it was their daily driver. I
used to drive mine to work every day for 4 years and turning up at work in a
suit that was stuck to my back wasn't much fun or appealing to my
colleagues! Having said that these GT's sure are lovely on a cold winters
day (well cold as in 10-15 degrees C <G>). :) So I have my Winter Car and my
Summer car to keep me happy. :) Oh yes and early GT's have a certain style
to them that the roadster doesn't IMO of course, almost like a mini Aston
DB4.  :)

Sigh, I'd love to add a Twin Cam A, CGT, BGT V8 and a PB (drool!) to my
signature. <G> Then I can die happy. <VBG>

Cheers,
Neil.

--
Neil Cotty - Sydney, Australia