Re: New O/D question

To: <martens@auditor.sk.ca>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New O/D question
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:25:06 -0800
Sorry, Andrew, what you describe is an overdrive working badly! It is
supposed to stay engaged until you either switch it out of overdrive or
shift into a gear that doesn't allow the use of o/d. (Reverse, 1st, 2nd on
early B's, 3rd on the later rubber bumper cars.)

It sounds as though the clutch linings on the sliding member are shot.
Unfortunately, that's about the most expensive component in the unit!
Obviously it has to be removed and completely disassembled to repair the
problem.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center