RE: oil pan plan wanted

To: "'n'" <twobees@sprynet.com>, MGs digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: oil pan plan wanted
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:08:04 -0500
Norm Sippel wrote:

> My question is this - does anyone on this digest have a
> proven plan of baffles for an MGB oil pan?  I'll be
> racing mine & would like to avoid an Accusump if possible.
>  My Alfa Veloce has a pan with the "trick" flapper box
> around the oil pick-up area.  And, i'd like to weld in
> something like it.
>
> I'm open to suggestions.

Suggest that you take a look at the factory "Special Tuning"
booklet (avaliable from Moss) ... the booklet outlines an
oil sump baffle.  Brown & Gammons (out of England) is the
only firm that I've seen advertise the baffle, but the booklet
does provide adequate info to fabricate the baffle.

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII