Re: oil pan plan wanted

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: oil pan plan wanted
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:10:23 EST
On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:08:04 -0500 "Unger, Larry G"
<larry.g.unger@lmco.com> writes:
>Norm Sippel wrote:
>
>> My question is this - does anyone on this digest have a
>> proven plan of baffles for an MGB oil pan?  I'll be
>> racing mine & would like to avoid an Accusump if possible.
>>  My Alfa Veloce has a pan with the "trick" flapper box
>> around the oil pick-up area.  And, i'd like to weld in
>> something like it.
>>
>> I'm open to suggestions.
>
>Suggest that you take a look at the factory "Special Tuning"
>booklet (avaliable from Moss) ... the booklet outlines an
>oil sump baffle.  Brown & Gammons (out of England) is the
>only firm that I've seen advertise the baffle, but the booklet
>does provide adequate info to fabricate the baffle.

>Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
>'61 MGA 1600 MkII

On the same subject, I just saw in a cataloge/flyer/magazine (I forget
which) that recently found it's way to me, a baffled alloy sump being
offerded by some supplier.
 I'll check tomorrow when I get to the office, cause that's where all
that kinda stuff ends up. (now everyone knows what's in my briefcase,
besides my sandwich)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget