recent purchase

To: MG List Posts <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: recent purchase
From: Matthew J Grygar <grygar@utdallas.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:55:43 -0600 (CST)
Greetings all,
        This past weekend I drove to Houston an purchased a 69 MGB.  The
car has been sitting in a garage for the past eight years and prior to
that in someones backyard for another ten.  The previos owner, the one who
had is garaged, had given up restoring it and "gave" it to me for $400.
It is complete and has a newly restored interior, complete with wooden
dash and a good center consel. The engine compression tests all came out
in the 150s so the engine is good.  The body is in great shape, no
sign of wrecks or dents anywhere.  The Wiring is a completely
bastardized but I hope to work it out with an electrical engineer friend
of mine.  He plans on bastardizing it even more but as long as it runs,
why not?  It does have the dual su carbs which need some serious care.  My
question to the group is a spare parts question.  Does anyone have or know
where I can get a decent weber to put in it for less then the price I paid
for the car?  Also, As I am a university student and don't plan on keeping
two MGBS, for lack or parking to put them, what should be a good asking
price after she is up and running?
Thanks all,
Matt Grygar

1970 MGB daily driver named Betty
1969 MGB in hospital recieving good attention