RE: Fuel pump I. D.

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel pump I. D.
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:42:33 -0800
Charlie:
        I second Hal.  The AUF204 is definitely the MG Midget 1275cc
fuel pump.  The head will have plastic push on fittings.  Chances are
your car was bastardized at some point and the original banjo fittings
cut off.  The AUF204 will fit the original carrier and one can use hose
clamps to connect it up.
        The capacity of the pump is (min) 7 gallons/hr compared to the
AZX1307 stock unit of (min) 15 gallons/hr.  If you intend to use the car
for high performance use the fuel pump is not going to be suitable.  You
will lean out the mixture at high demand and are likely to burn valves.
        You have a choice.  Bastardize the car more by fitting a
suitable after-market pump.  Or return the car to original.  The
after-market pump is by far the cheaper way to go at this point.  All of
the parts necessary to put the car back to stock are available.  If you
wish to go this way, reply and I will give you a list based on what you
still have.  Figure typical cost is going to be around $200.00 for all
new bits.  There are also banjo fittings for the B pump that will accept
hose.  This is a cheaper way to go and still have the original pump.

Kelvin.