Zenith-Stromberg to SU conversion

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Zenith-Stromberg to SU conversion
From: saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:31:52 -0800
To all:
With all the knowledgeable folks on the list (I enjoy reading the really
detailed technical responses based on experience even if I don't know
what every sixth or seventh word means), does anyone have advice for a
novice to accomplish this conversion on a '76B?  I could use any and
all. Here I am at 50 trying to learn the rudiments of car mechanicals.
At least, there is lots of room under the hood to make mistakes.

Is there a technical page on the MG Web circuit that would help with the
actual removal of the Z-S and addition of the SU?

I've looked through Haynes and through Bentley. What I am looking for is
(besides the obvious), what do I have to change from the Z-S setup to
the SU setup which is not really described in those two manuals?

Tuning will happen after mounting and for that I obtained the SU
Carburetters Tuning Tips and Techniques book published by Brookland
Press as well as the Haynes & Bentley. Any other suggestions?

[Actually, a step by step plan would be great.]

Thanks all,

Bill