RE: Defending the MGA

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Defending the MGA
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:03:47 -0800
After all this talk about MGAs and RV8s and what is the prettiest car,  The
MGA is very nice, particularly the side view. Interesting that Lincoln
appears to have bought oll the NOS MGA grilles for their new Mark 8!  MG
RV8s look like MGBs on steroids, and the interior looks like it came out of
a bordello.  Denise is right, the 1100 is the cutest MG ever made, I have
very fond memories of mine, a 1965 model named Merlin.  Merlin's engine
ended up as a coffee table support in my apartment.

But I still like the lines of the chrome bumper B-GT, I think the GT styling
is more timeless than the roadster.

And a set of V-8 badges on the beastie make it prettier still....

Cheers,
Paul Kile
1974 Factory MGB-GT V-8