Re: Luggage Rack

To: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Subject: Re: Luggage Rack
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 05:57:50 -0500
At 05:01 PM 11/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>My back-ordered luggage rack arrived from Moss today.  Assembly was
>minimal (rack to rails).  However, attaching to the boot lid is another
>matter.  Would anyone with experience at this please respond as to how
>you did it.  C-clamps look like a possibility to hold the whole thing to
>the boot lid to to locate drill holes.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Irony of ironies...  MINE arrived just the other day as well.  I guess they
oversold them at 50% off.

Anyway, my thought is to make a template out of a piece of oaktag paper
(from any art store) and "mount" it to that first.  Lay the rack down
upside down on a table, curve the oaktag to fit and poke small holes in the
centers.  Then you have a template to tape to the bootlid.  Measure twice,
drill once, and all that...  Then drill out one hole and mount it snugly
with one screw to double check.

Dave Iwansky
'62 MGA 1600 MkII