Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>,
Subject: Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:32:28 -0500
The head on my old '77 had rusted to the stud.  No amount of beating,
pulling, or cursing would get that sucker off until I took the time to yank
the stud.  Of course, by then it was all moot because the head had cracked
along the line of the rusted stud.  Whether it was from my efforts of from a
leaking water jacket (which caused the stud to rust in the first place) I'll
never know.  Give it a shot - at the worst you spend extra bucks to buy new
studs, which is a good idea anyway.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/