Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:02:47 -0600
Mike,

  I'll second that about the rusted studs.  When I  got the current B
the head gasket blew as soon as I started running it on the road.  To my
surprise some of the studs were rusted to the heads.  That head gasket
had probably been seeping for eons before I acquired the car.  I got the
studs loose with vise-grips - jamming a couple of nuts together on the
threads didn't work - then levered the head loose with extensions
inserted through the plug holes.  Someone had used gasket cement on it
to cure the warp, I guess.

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B