Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: Got my manifolds off, but the head is stuck
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 02:21:15 -0600
Lawrie,

  Pushed long 3/8" drive extensions (Snap-Ons are real skinny) thru the
plug holes, after wrapping three turns of electrical tape around the the
extensions where they contacted the threads.  Pushed down smoothly. Head
tilted.  Yippee!

  I suppose that one could put plug sockets with extensions on the end
plugs and do the same thing by pushing from the other side.   Doesn't
really take much force since the head is narrow.  Could use old head
studs inserted part way into the head, too.

  How do you do it?

  CR