MGA: Optional Headlamp Flasher Relay

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA: Optional Headlamp Flasher Relay
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 21:05:36 -0500
Attention Electrical Wizards! ... see below!

I've been searching for the relay (Lucas Model # SB40-1,
Part # 33135B) required to fit the MGA 'optional' headlamp
flasher, but can't seem to locate one.  Any and all leads
would be greatly appreciated!  The relay powers the
headlamps via a stalk on the dash ... you use the stalk
to flash the headlamps.

However, I have found a NOS relay that is identical in
appearance (same model number), but it has a different part
number (33157) and is intended for use in conjunction with
the O/D on an Austin Healy 3000 ... its rated at 12v, but
info regarding its amperage rating isn't on the relay or
da box.  So, the question is ... if I fit the relay that
is intended for the O/D will it handle the amperage for
the headlamps? ... or, will I just toast a NOS bit?

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII