Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au, gofastmg@juno.com, stritle@epix.net
Subject: Re: SU's vs Webers when converting a rubbernose
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 16:12:24 EST
In a message dated 11/25/98 3:49:48 AM Mountain Standard Time,
mikeg@vicnet.net.au writes:

<< The HIF is an excellent carb, and a significant technical advance on the >>
MIke,
     I don't have a problem with most of the features of the HIF. There is one
design feature that dosen't seem to do exactly as planned in my part of the
world though.
     I am referring to the temperature compensating bi-metal needle jet
control. This control works fairly well in the moderate temps of summer where
I live,northern Colorado,USA..When the temp is between 65 and 80 deg.F,the
carbs work well. If the temp goes above 80(most of the summer),I have to stay
in the jet adjuster on a daily basis to keep tick over  in bounds. Conversly,
in the winter,when temps dip into the -20 deg. range, i have to keep adjusting
the jet as well..With the weber, i simply drive all year round, from -20 deg
to +110,from 5000 ft. above sea level to 12,000 ft above sea level,with nary a
care..The weber is a beter carb where I live.
     Yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974MG-B roadster
1976MG-B roadster