Re: 69....the verdict

To: <miker15@juno.com>, "MG List" <MGS@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 69....the verdict
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 10:24:02 -0500
On 12/5/98 4:19 PM so and so (miker15@juno.com) said. (And I quote:)

>Just got back from visiting my 69.....God what a mess!!
>The reason there was no external evidence was that the head gasket had
>blown between #1 and #2 at its very thinnest point- and the subsequent
>heat did indeed crack the head massively and the block slightly - right
>at this point where there isnt any cooling which i imagine accounts for
>the apparent lack of overheating evidence.
>None of the guys at my friends shop had seen this simultaneously before
>either so it likely is as unusual as many of you thought. The gasket was
>also about to fail between #3 and #4 by the look of it but this may have
>been cosmetic...
>Nobody had any real idea about how and why this might have happened other
>than sheer dumb un-luck
>Anyway, the thing is fried....geficht, geneuked, geknackered!
>My thanks to all of you who have offered parts from all over the country,
>its heartening that not only are there plenty out there but that the
>"fraternity" is so willing to assist.
>A good friend from the Long Island club happened to have just the right
>thing and was more than fair about what he wanted for it so with a little
>luck the car should be up and running again before the new year.
>Again my thanks to all for the suggestions and the offers...
>
>mikr robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>53 Riley
Hey Mike,
Sorry to hear about your engine. The folks on this list are the greatest.
Always seem to be there when you need them. Espcially when life hands you
one of those "hey Dummy take this".
Good luck getting to 69 back on the road for 99.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?