Re: Bearings and Crank

To: neilc@tradesrv.com.au, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Bearings and Crank
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 19:57:43 EST
In a message dated 12/6/98 5:28:16 PM Mountain Standard Time,
neilc@tradesrv.com.au writes:

<< What I want to know is why the heck did this bearing decided to nuke
 itself immediately after my two weeks of carb rebuilding.... *SOB* I
 didn't even get to play with my new toy!!!!... lol! :)

Neil,
     My 1976 roadster "just let go" on the way to work one morning..no
warning!
After tear down and inspection, i found evidence that the oil pump failed..the
rest is history..look for any damage to the oil pump..measure gear clearances
with a feeler gage..be thorough..if there is any doubt,replace the pump...
               Yours, H4(Howard)