Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>, Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: "Nevard, Chris" <Chris.Nevard@BSKYB.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:35:00 -0000
Bass 'can' be a very good pint even here in the UK, the problem is that Bass
owned pubs have a reputation for poor standards and lack of staff training
- this unfortunately has it's toll on the the beer. It is very difficult to
get a good pint of OSH over here in the UK as well. It is usually much
better out of the bottle because at least then it can't be spoilt by some 18
year old Hooch drinking pub manager who doesn't give a damn about his work
or beer. Morlands business attitude is a little dodgy as the moment as well
since their take-over of Ruddles Brewery (another closure looms).

Chris Nevard
CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) member