Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:23:46 -0500
A few years (ok, many years) ago, I made an Irish rugby tour. Landed in
Shannon and followed the river to Dublin. At each stop, we tested the
Guinness. It got better the closer we got to St James Gate (Dublin). Our
final host was a VP at Guinness. He said that for home country sales, there
is very little added for preservation. So, as we approached Dublin, the
brew we drank was fresher and fresher. The stuff we had onsite was the best.

> On 6/12/98 4:04 am William M. Gilroy said
>
> >I have to agree the Bass in not representative of good English beer.  I
> >spent ~1 week in England this summer.  I spent lots of that time in the
> >pubs trying the beers on tap.  I must say the beer in england is better
> >then the beer in the states.  Also Guiness in England is much different
> >than Guiness in the states.  It was not bitter.  But I don't mind drinking
> >Bass while here in the states.
>
> But remember that Guinness is Irish, not English =AD different country! And=
>
> Guinness tastes even better there, for some reason. If you're ever in
> Dublin, treat yourself to a pint or three!
>

> Cheers,
>
> Philip Raby
> Editor, MG World

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD