Re: Old Speckled Hen

To: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: Old Speckled Hen
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 23:05:27 -0500
Phil Raby wrote:

> On 5/12/98 9:04 am Mark Snowdon said
>
> >I don't know, but since starting to work on my Sprite and Midgets, I
> >changed to drinking Bass, and me a life long Blue/Canadian drinker.
> >
> Don't want to start this thread again, but Bass is NOT representative of
> good English beer. In fact, it's not good beer at all. I urge you to try
> something like Old Speckled Hen.

Philip,

I have to agree the Bass in not representative of good English beer.  I
spent ~1 week in England this summer.  I spent lots of that time in the
pubs trying the beers on tap.  I must say the beer in england is better
then the beer in the states.  Also Guiness in England is much different
than Guiness in the states.  It was not bitter.  But I don't mind drinking
Bass while here in the states.

Bill Gilroy
77 Midget

PS.  I was over there during the World Cup and the fans are completely
insane.  I did not have the brass to even consider making any football
jokes.