Re: Many Thanks! -- Dumb Present Owner Buys Gas

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Many Thanks! -- Dumb Present Owner Buys Gas
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:30:25 +0000
Philip Hubbard wrote:

> Thanks a million time over to everyone who contributed such timely
> advice on getting my "fuel pump" problem resolved.  Bottom line is
> that Arioch is back safe and sound in the garage.  He needed
> gasoline.  Duh!

After being caught trusting my fuel guage not once, but TWICE, this
newbie has learnt from this lesson.  From now on a fast ticking fuel
pump means that it is sucking air which means MORE FUEL NEEDED, PLEASE!
At least I get the chance to make sure I am not caught re-building the
engine needlessly because I hadn't checked the possibility of an
"out-of-fuel" situation... if it does need something more drastic, hey,
what have I wasted but a few minutes checking the tank.

These days I refuel every 100 miles on the odometer after an initial
full tank (giving me a fair margin for error - and for distance to the
next garage if I haven't been paying attention).  This also gives me a
cheap refuel every now and then, but better safe than "stuck"!

Eric
'68 MGB MkII