RE: Many Thanks! -- Dumb Present Owner Buys Gas

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Many Thanks! -- Dumb Present Owner Buys Gas
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 11:19:04 -0500
-----Original Message-----
"...Never trust the gauge. Use it for estimates only..."

Agreed.  Which brings up a question.

Currently, my fuel and temperature gauge are both reading low.  I understand
this is due to the voltage stabilizer.  I found the thing.  It looks small
enough (and un-original enough) to be a solid state unit.  I put my analog
voltmeter on it and got the 12v/0v/12v/0v rhythm.

Is there any way to test one of these things with a digital or analog
voltmeter?  My Haynes refers to a "hot-wire" voltmeter, but I don't know
what that is, and neither of my mine seem to qualify.

Beyond that, is there any way to adjust it, or is it just plain disposable?

Thanks.  Again.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - which can get 60 miles on an 'empty' tank, and never overheats.