Re: Oil pressure relief valve (again)

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure relief valve (again)
From: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:05:13 -0600
Tyson, you need to talk to a good machinist.  Its possible to bore and
sleeve the bore back to stock dimension, or to overbore and have a plunger
made to fit, but the cost may be prohibitive. Maybe you can just hone the
bore to allow the valve plunger to move freely.  I believe that the bore is
not critical so long as the plunger can't cock sideways and jam.  The
sealing takes place at the angled surface at the end of the plunger.
Perhaps you need to go to another block.  John