RE: Oil pressure relief valve (again)

To: "'Tyson Sherman'" <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>,
Subject: RE: Oil pressure relief valve (again)
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:32:55 -0500
Tyson,

Seems like John Twist's web site a recommends using a 9/16" ball bearing as
a replacement for the oil pressure relief valve.  (Check the section for
overhauling a 5-main 'B' engine.)  If the cylinder for your valve is worn a
bit oversized, and the piston is going crooked and getting wedged in, this
could be just the fix for you.

Beyond that, you may be able to have the cylinder machined out just a hair
larger, and use a corresponding larger ball bearing.

Good luck.

Matt Kulka
'74 B