Re: Definition of a Boat?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Definition of a Boat?
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:01:37 +1000
H4aardvrk@aol.com Said

In a message dated 12/22/98 6:12:24 AM Mountain Standard Time,
fpixley@kingston.net writes:

<< he power to weight ratio equals an MGB and
 depending on what kind of driving you do you might even find it handles
 quite well. >>
fred,
I drove a Marina TC in England for 5 years..My example had some kind of an
1800 engine fitted with a Twin SU carb set.The engine made excellent
power..actually a lot more than the poorly suspended,poorly braked Marina
could use..
     If one drove the car like a baby pram, one could guide it around
fairly
safely..But if one tried to use even 80 % of that strong 1800cc
engine,,WatchOUT!  English Marina's also had the 1300cc engine fitted as
the
standard compliment..
     I believe a Marina,fitted with the 1300cc engine could have been a
good
daily transportation vehicle..but with the strong 1800cc unit..no way.
   Yours, H4(Howard)
1974MG-Bgt
1974MG-B roadster
1976MG-B roadster
1977MG-B roadster

Now imagine all that with a Six Cylinder Engine and you get what we got
over here in Australia.

Scary

Neil

64 MGB (Ducking the Bowling Hat Brigade, in their Marina's)