Re: Definition of a Boat?

To: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Subject: Re: Definition of a Boat?
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:51:33 -0800 (PST)
At 08:03 AM 12/22/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Have YOU  ever driven one?  The power to weight ratio equals an MGB and
>depending on what kind of driving you do you might even find it handles
>quite well.

Sorry Fred, but I gotta call ya on this one.

Just before I graduated from a `66 Sprite to a new `76 B  I took a friends
`76 Marina for a run.  I took it through some twisty backroads I knew to see
what it could do.  I'd been through these back lanes umpteen times in
Spridgets, Minis and, later, B's with BIG driver grins, gravel splatter,
passenger white knuckles and some mildly amused cow spectators the only
results.  After attempting the same route at the same speed in an almost
brand new Marina the driver had white knuckles, the passengers had more
sense and the cows were laughing out loud.  The Marina  may not have been
boat sized on the outside but in its soul it was a barge....

Flame Suit ON.....
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada