Re: Suspension lowering

To: doddk@mossmotors.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Suspension lowering
From: BDurgin1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 19:25:49 EST
Kelvin,

Last year I made the following mods to the 64 B:
1. 3/4" antisway bar
2. V8 bushings front
3. New coils; Apple rebuilt HD levers in front
4.B GT 7 leaf rear springs (on advice from BritTek!)
5. Braided hydraulics (pretty!)
6. Stock Rear Levers; changed out all rear bushings , but, used stock bushings
in rear
7. Fat tires (can't remember the size, maybe 195's?)

I'm disappointerd because the car looks like a TR7 and does not handle
well...the rear is much too high! Last winter I loosened up all the bushings
and loaded 150# of sandbags in the trunk...the car sagged about an inch after
2 months...still too high.

Based on this, should I just go back to the 6 leaf setup?  Also, I really
don't want to go to the coil setup in the rear but will if I can't get the car
to handle better.  I'm slowly making mods (bolt on only) that makes this car
leaner all the time.  I've also thought about composite leafs.

Interested in what people have to say on this!

Bruce Durgin