Re: towing an 80 mgb

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: towing an 80 mgb
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 00:59:32 +0510
Jim Carney wrote:

> Eric,
> I've seen a bunch of smart-a**ed responses to your question. If you'd
> been on the list long, you'd find humor in them as I do.
> The problem is that there was recently a VERY long & sometimes heated
> thread on this very topic.
> The answer to your question is: "depends on who you want to believe".
> Let us know your experiences if you decide to flat-tow your car.
> Thanks,
> Jim C.

Jim,

It were not I that asked the question... I was one of the "smart-a**ed
(well, the one time I needed it) got the flat-bed in when my alternator
too far from home.

And yes, Dennis (who asked the question) if you can't peruse the
archives (and there was some damn fine argument and some bloody useful
lubrication information to be had along the way) maybe those who entered
into the original debate can post their thoughts to you off-list.

You can then sort out what suits you (or who convinces you) best.

I certainly learnt a lot by shutting up and reading... until I could
read no more.

Eric
'68MGB MkII