DPO Woes for 1999

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: DPO Woes for 1999
From: "Dan Dwelley" <ddwelley@UU.NET>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:30:42 -0500
Aaaggghhhhh!!!
My 1999 isn't starting off well. I set off to work on my 77 Midget
yesterday, the weather was a little warmer than it has been, and figured I'd
tackle the brakes. The DPO had told me that when he rebuilt the front end,
he had done the brakes as well. I figured I'd top off the master and check
for air or leaks. As I pressed on the brake pedal, I heard a hiss...knowing
that this meant there was a leak in the system somewhere. I decided to start
at the wheels to look for any break fluid...as I slide under the car...what
did I find? The drivers side calliper isn't even BOLTED to the A frame and
the break line rubber hose is just barely screwed into the calliper!!! I
slowly turn my head and look over to the passenger side wheel and what do I
see?....A dangling break line and NO Calliper is to be found. (I'm guessing
that either the DPO didn't put it on OR he did the same as the drivers side
(didn't bolt it in place) and it fell off in the 40 mile tow home). To my
surprise, not really, a new calliper is $100! I swear this car isn't going
to nickel and dime me to death, it's going to $100 me to death...Is it just
my bad luck or is every part on these cars $100 or more?
I so desperately want to get her running but I can't even catch up with the
DPO's F*#K ups! I hope, I hope she'll come around and be nice to me...at
least let me get her running before I find something else that needs to be
fixed.

Trying to keep my spirits up.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget