Re: Alternator or battery problem or what?

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Alternator or battery problem or what?
From: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 08:13:29 EST
I was kind of wondering the same thing.  Although my red alt. light
never comes on I have about a 2 volt drop when I apply the brake lights
or heater fan.  So I bought one of those radio shack alternator battery
testers and it said my alternator output was marginal.  I began to think
though, the leds on that thing were probably calibrated to 50 amps or so
for modern day cars, not my Lucus 35 amps.

Does anyone know the peak voltage those alternators should put out?

Rick Roberts
Columbus, Ohio
73 MGB