Re: Alternator or battery problem or what?

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Alternator or battery problem or what?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:58:47 -0000
The standard alternator will almost certainly show a difference in
brightness between idle and off idle, but shouldn't at higher engine speeds
unless you have other heavy loads connected at the same time.  With the
engine running you should see about 14.5 volts at all times except under
heavy load at idle, where it will be lower.

What do you mean 'no ignition light warnings'?  If you don't get the
ignition light glowing when you turn on the ignition that goes out when you
start engine and get it off idle, and when you turn the ignition off until
the engine stops, then you have a problem in your ignition warning light
circuit.

PaulH.