Re: Need MGA heater blower (again)

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Re: Need MGA heater blower (again)
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 23:24:16 -0500
Barney Gaylord wrote:
> Oh, I dunno.  The last one I took out was burned up so bad it looked like
> someone had taken a torch to the whole inside of the motor.

  Still rebuildable. The only unique parts to any motor
is really the casing, everything else is wire and brushes
and stuff.

  Unless the casing is cracked, it's buildable with
common parts.

> Unfortunately, the breaks are not where they can be seen.  If I
> can't find a replacement quick, I might even try rewinding it myself.

  Go for it. You need to figure out what type of wire to
use to get the correct current draw on the motor
when it's done, but you can probably bring a sample
in and they can provide the correct wire.

  If you have a drill press with a REALLY low speed,
that can make it faster to wind. Wear heavy gloves
and have a go. ;>

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca