Re: Crankcase Ventilation

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankcase Ventilation
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:46:00 -0800
Lawrie's called it :) The goop means coolant, get a torque wrench and slightly
loosen then tighten each nut to 50 ft lb.  It's important to tighten the nuts
in the correct order, the sequence is illustrated in the Engine section of
the Haynes manual.  If the nuts were fine, do a compression test.

Helped a friend replace the head gasket this weekend :)

Skye

Word on the street is that Lawrie  Alexander said:
> David.........
> What you are seeing is not a good sign, I'm afraid. Oil vapor alone leaves
> just an oil film; the "goop" you are seeing sounds like a mixture of oil and
-snip-

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)