Re: Recommended reading

To: Dan Ray <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Recommended reading
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 18:14:49 -0800
Can't say that I have the Burgess book.  I think a quality rebuild is
about all you can do to help the MGB, that is, without major dollar
allocation.  I want to learn general theory that is fundamental to
engines, whether they are inline fours, flat fours, flat sixes, small
and big block V8s.  Notice that I skipped the V6.  The only thing going
for the V6 is the better emissions, but that's my very limited
experience.

Vizard is highly regarded, and Fred Puhn's book is a mainstay among
millions of auto enthusiasts.  I also like Henry Watts book about
autocrossing.  The fact he's a P-car fan doesn't hurt, either. :)

Take care
Jay