Re: Crankcase Ventilation

To: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison), H.Duinhoven@simac.nl,
Subject: Re: Crankcase Ventilation
From: David Sylvain <niosh@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 22:04:27 -0500
Rick,
I like your solution -- more road-time!  Actually, I have racked-up 800
miles on my B in relatively few trips.  I think they were all at least
one-half hour, and generally much longer.  I use a beater for all of my
short trips around town.

The weather might be a factor, too.  It is winter here in southern New
England, and the temperature can be quite cool.  I, too, suspect that the
engine might not be warming-up enough as suggested by Hans, Rene &
yourself, but I don't thinks it's due to short trips.  In any case -- after
hearing from a number of listers--  I also suspect that a little
condensation under the oil filler cap isn't cause for serious concern.  I'm
going to install a PCV valve, and periodically check under the rocker cover
to make sure there's no build-up of "goop."

Thanks everyone for your input.

Dave
72 B