Re: Crankcase Ventilation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crankcase Ventilation
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:45:25 EST
This "goop" was quite common on Chevrolet Sprints. This car had a very
efficient three cylinder one liter engine which just didn't generate much
heat. The word I got from a GM engineer was that it's a harmless oil/water
emulsion that forms on the relatively cold valve cover. (I guess this is
assuming the water is coming from condensation.) I used to drive the Sprint to
work which is only a two minute trip. When I drive an important car, like an
MG, I always drive long enough to get the engine up to temperature.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336