RE: Carb kit

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Carb kit
From: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 18:48:09 -0800
Hi,

well, for my $8.16 (plus Tax) I got a box containing 10 items:

The first 8 seem useful to me:
Needle valve
Seat
Gasket, float chamber lid
Gasket, carb to heat shield
Gasket, air filter to carb
Gasket, damper (just under the damper cap)

Washer, brass
Gland, rubber
(these 2 pieces seem to go on the end of the jet assembly, where it screws
into the bottom of the float bowl).

The last 2 don't seem to match any illustration I have:
Gasket, square looking (maybe for HS-6 carb)
Gasket, very much like the one for the air filter

Ignoring the extra 2 pieces the total cost of individual parts (based on
Vicky Brit's catalogue) is $12.85.  That notwithstanding this seems to be an
interesting collection of parts.  Would anyone care to comment on the
usefulness of this particular kit?  Should I go ahead and rip my carbs apart
and reassemble them with these nice new gaskets and float valves?  My first
concern is to take them apart one weekend, clean them, examine them,
reassemble them and be able to drive to work the next day.  If I find any
nasties I will note down what's wrong, put things back as they were, and
then buy more parts to fix the broken bits.

Andy
--
'69 MGB HS4 carbs AUD326