Re: Carb kit

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Carb kit
From: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:44:54 -0500

Neil Cotty wrote:

> >balance the carbs by listening to them...
>  I get different readings every time I put it the Gunson product on the carb,
> even when it appears to be properly sealed and in the same location!

Thats funny, I have looked at my watch several times today, and got a different
reading each time too!  :^)  There are so many variables, I don't pay much
attention to the readings, the relative position is what is important. And since
the adjustment of the carbs are relative, you have to keep going back and forth
as you make changes, as the engine's idle changes.

Seriously, I use the uni-syn and get great results every time.  I also use the
color-tune, but sometimes readjust by ..feel, instinct, whatever you want to
call it.  I think it helps to be a pilot, I adjust my fuel mixture from the
cockpit of the airplane as the engine warms, as I gain altitude, and you do get
a feel for the engine.

Good luck and keep trying.

David Lynes, Woodstock, GA
73 Midget