Re: 3Q: Rebuilding Suspension...

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: 3Q: Rebuilding Suspension...
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:25:27 -0500
Skye,

I ran into the same thing last week.  So, dropped the crossmember.  Laid
the thing on its side on the work bench, and beat the linign sh*t out of
it.  Didn't have any Penetrating oil, so had to use WD-40.  Bolt would
only go flush, but-spraybeat back in and out-repeat about 5 times ontil
I beat the WD-40 into the bushing...well, let's just say, that bolt's in
the trash can now!

One I got it flush, I drilled a shallow hole in the tip of it to keep my
drift punch from slipping.  With that I could give it a good beating!

So, now I have to spend $5.00 for a new bolt!

Now my front suspension is completely in peices in two big rubbermaid
tubs...:^)Ready for wire wheel, sandblasting, and paint!

Good luck!

Tim