Re: BGT engine mounts

To: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BGT engine mounts
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:26:58 -0800
Lonn........

Bs used to have no "recoil brackets" on the front mounts, then people
started reporting that the fan was hitting the radiator under hard braking
when the cars got some miles on them. Not a good situation! So, first the
factory tried various methods of anchoring the gearbox fore-and-aft more
securely, then they gave up on that and put these little metal brackets
behind the front motor mounts to limit the forward movement. There were two
of them, one either side.

If you want to be original, use them. If you want to make sure your fan
doesn't hit your radiator, keep your mounts in good condition.........

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center