RE: Primer

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>, Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>,
Subject: RE: Primer
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 19:25:32
At 08:48 AM 1/26/99 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
>.... Once I think Barney mentioned having his local paint shop match the
MG maroon.  He paid considerably less.

Uh, yup.  Years ago I took a timing cover freshly sprayed with Moss Maroon
engine paint to a local auto paint supply store.  They matched the color
and mixed up a pint of acrylic enamel for $16 including the color match
service.  I use a small touch-up sprayer to paint the engine.  That and a
can of enamel reducer was enough to paint several engines, some of them
several times over.  It must be the equivalent of at least a dozen spray
cans, maybe more.  Last year the pint can finally ran empty, and I had it
refilled for $20.  Sorry, no mixing code.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude