Re: Balancing act

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Balancing act
From: "Richard White" <starkist69@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:38:28 PST
Enrique, I question your measurements.  Its hard to believe that there
is 2 oz of difference between them.  I suggest you remeasure them,
laying them on there sides, at exactly the same position each time.
I've been balancing my own pistons and rods for several years.
Consistent measurements for the rods has been my biggest problem.
Placement on the scale is very important.  The good shops use a bearing
fixture on the end being measured and support the other end with a
magnet so the rod is perfectly horizonal.  I find it hard to believe the
shop would screw up so badly...Richard