Re: Snow!

To: REwald9535@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow!
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 06:31:35 -0600
>First off our state has just as much snow as any other state (Alaska
>excepted), we just keep ours up in the mountains where we can go visit
>it if we are so inclined.  We are way to smart to LIVE in the snow.  <G>

OK, I'll give you that one!  Can you ship us some mountains?  I need a
place to put all the snow the road crews plow right back into the front
of my freshly scooped driveway....

>As far as rain is concerned, when the average rain fall in your city
>is 12" PER YEAR, and it does not rain from April (at the latest) until
>November (at the earliest) people forget how to drive in rain.

Really, if that were the case (they forget how to drive when it rains)
the merest sign of precipitation would result in millions of California
drivers sitting confused while trying to start their cars, not moving, as
their windshields begin to get wet....

Wonder if we can import that forgetfulness here?  There's a neighbor kid
whose idiocy could be neutralized by turning the hose on him.

>As far as turn signals go, I have a bumper sticker that reads:
>"Visualize using your turn signal"

Almost as good as:
"Cover Me -- I'm Changing Lanes!"

>Lastly, if you were to drive in the snow with all the idiots in 4wd's
>who think that they are exempt from the laws of physics, you would WANT
>the CHP to close the road.

I not so sure it's the 4WD's (bunch of 'em around here; mostly driven by
typical blue collar, work with your hands, grew up on the farm or around
the garage, let's do some huntin' and fishin', better slow it down some
'cause it's startin' to ice over, common sense types) but rather SUV's
driven by Muffy and Chip (the wannabe yuppies, busy on the phone with the
travel agent trying to get tickets to someplace warm, why won't that fool
go a little faster because he's holding me up for the meeting, good thing
I've got a Sport Utility Vehicle, I'll just swing around him here, better
hurry or all the double mocha, tripple latte's will be gone before I get
there, and HEY! why is everyone driving backwards, who moved the road
down this incline...? pinhead types) who cause the bulk of the problems.

One thing I have noticed is that the moment it snows, no matter where I
live, the non-drivers come out in force AND I think they're attracted to
that idiot-magnet that the someone installs on my vehicles when I'm not
looking....

But seriously, dumb drivers recognize no state boundaries.  Or as my SO
has pointed out, "Have you ever noticed that it's only the driving of
everyone else that we complain about?"

Rich